Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Last Supper

Well, I'm starting tomorrow. Originally I'd intended to start with my husband as soon as his March Break started, but we've decided it makes more sense to stagger our starts, so we're not both feeling like garbage at the same time. Fortunately, he's not a sweets-eater, so it's not like he'll be eating my biggest temptations in front of me. I can handle the lure of a little rice now and then!

We went out for supper tonight, and I completely went off the rails. Even being gluten-free and on Weight Watchers didn't hold me back! I had a bacon cheeseburger (only ate half the bun though) and a pile of fries. Now I'm drinking an enormous glass of white wine. I don't even want to admit how many miniature peanut butter cups I ate today! Even though this "experiment" only lasts 30 days, I know full well that it's unlikely I'll ever be able to stomach eating like this again afterwards. And that's a good thing! 

I have three major goals I'd like to accomplish over the next 30 days:

1. Slay the sugar demon. Seriously. I'm so over being a slave to these cravings! It would be nice to be able to walk past a bowl of chocolate-covered almonds or Cadbury mini eggs without diving face-first into the bowl.

2. Learn how my body reacts to different foods. Although I prefer to keep gluten out of my diet, I don't know how well I really tolerate dairy, so that awareness will be awesome. Of course, it will possibly (probably) mean giving up some favourite foods (like the peanut butter cups, chocolate-covered almonds and mini eggs...), but I'm okay with that. I think. No, I am. Probably. *sigh*

3. Change my body composition. I'm happy with the weight I've lost since having Baby Belle just over a year ago. Now, I know that there's stubborn fat that needs to go and muscles that need to be revealed. (I know there are muscles in there. Jillian Michaels' workouts are no joke!) I realize that my body needs time to heal over the next month, and this isn't the right time for a lot of high-intensity training. My plan is to take it easy for the first week or two until my energy bounces back, and then follow Primal Blueprint Fitness as my guidelines.

Tomorrow I'll post my official Day 1 stats - weight and measurements. Maybe even a "before" photo, if I'm feeling brave! In the next 30 days my posts will be primarily about what I'm eating and how I'm feeling. There may be the odd post with more depth here and there, but mostly I just need to keep track of how I'm feeling as I progress, and maybe my meal ideals will be of some use to someone else starting out on their first Whole30 adventure.

Let the good times roll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?