Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 7 of 40 - Still Dragging

I popped in an exercise DVD this morning, and as soon as I started to warm up, I knew I was going to have my rear end handed to me on a platter. And I was only doing level 1. Wow. I just barely got through it! At first I thought, "Man, I can't believe my fitness has gone this far down hill in such a short time!" Then I thought, "Maybe it's because the whole family was wide awake from 3am to 5am." But then I remembered that I'm on day seven of a Whole30, and that often means general sluggishness. Hopefully this will pass soon, and my energy levels will start to rise again.

Breakfast: A bowl of shredded pork with grape tomatoes and banana peppers. Can't have kale and eggs every day! Two cups of decaf with coconut milk.
Lunch: Tuna salad salad! I mixed a can of light tuna with a quarter of an avocado and about two tablespoons of the homemade mayo I whipped up yesterday. (SO good!) Then I seasoned it with sea salt and curry powder, and ate half of it over a bed of mixed greens. YUM. Oh, and then I had 10 cherries. (Still love cherries.)
Supper: Rib night! I dry rubbed them and braised them for a couple of hours with some stock, then slathered on some Whole30-approved BBQ sauce (from the Paleo Comfort Foods cookbook) and Francis grilled them up with a side of grilled asparagus. Which we ate entirely with our fingers. We were quite the primal family. :) And then I ate six cherries. Seriously, can't get enough of them!
Snacks: Two small Paleo chicken nuggets that I'd made for the kids for lunch. Just enough to keep me going until their nap time when I could eat my own lunch. A small handful of macadamia nuts while cooking the barbeque sauce.

1 comment:

  1. That tuna salad sounds divine. Could you share your recipe for mayo and what are snackballs? Also, a recipe for chicken nuggets?

    ReplyDelete

What's on YOUR mind?