Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 34 of 40 - Pay It Forward

I'm so grateful that Nicole told me about Whole30 and a grain-free lifestyle so many months ago. Tonight I had a chance to share with three other women about what I've learned and gained from eating this way, and help to empower them to begin to make changes in their own diets.

We talked about the reasons behind eliminating certain foods (like grains) and the reasons for including others (like coconut oil, and other healthy fats). We snacked on chocolate truffles made with dates, and we each had a slice of breakfast cake, which the other ladies enjoyed with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream. They shared concerns, fears, uncertainties (especially in regards to feeding husbands and children) - and I did my best to share reassurance, tips, recipes and even a little pep talk.

I'm hoping they went home feeling a little more informed. I know I enjoyed our time together, and I'm looking forward to our follow-up visit down the road.

Breakfast: Kale, eggs, tomatoes and ground chicken cooked with homemade fajita seasoning. Licorice tea.
Lunch: Hamburger salad - mixed greens, chopped up burger patty, onions sauteed in ghee, chopped avocado and cherry tomatoes.
Supper: Stuffed pork tenderloin and roasted cauliflower.
Snacks: Two snack balls and a slice of breakfast cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on YOUR mind?